This two acre lake is widely regarded as one of the best mixed fishery lakes in the North-West. Well-stocked, with a wide variety of species, it is very popular with the pleasure angler who is after a specimen fish whether it is carp, bream perch or tench. Don’t let this deter other anglers though as it also has plenty of smaller fish, skimmers, carp, crucians and tench. Mature trees and shrubs fringing the water and well-spaced pegs provide pleasant surroundings in which to settle in for a good days fishing.
There are carp to 20 lbs, chub, tench, bream, perch, roach, Crucian carp and barbel
This lake is between 4 and 7’ in depth and has two central islands with lily beds adjacent to both. Most anglers fish the tip although the lake margins are very good by the pegs. It is popular with pole and waggler anglers too with the preferred baits being sweetcorn, luncheon meat, pellets, worm & maggots. It is good all round water with reasonable shelter from the wind.
A popular venue for Winter matches as stocked with a good supply of skimmers & roach with
1-2lb perch regularly caught, the maximum being around 4lbs. From March to October, Alice Springs is exclusively for Day ticket pleasure anglers. In Winter months (mid Nov–end of Feb) on Sundays it has silver fish matches.
- Feed little and often
- Fish margins – tight as you can
- Fish to island and lily beds but don’t rule out open water
- Scale down tackle
- 6mm cubed meat
- Sweetcorn in margins
- Winter fishing – maggots, castors and worms (pinkies)
- Barbless hooks only (No hooks larger than size 8)
- Banned baits: Nuts, Floating bait, Groundbait, Trout pellet paste, Liquidised bread, Bloodworm & Joker, Mole soil or Leam
- Only Hampton Springs boilies and coarse pellets allowed
- All nets must be dipped before fishing
- Keepnets are only allowed during matches (maximum 50 lb per net)
- No braided main lines
- No fires
- No radios
- No dogs allowed at any time
- All litter to be placed in the bins provided
- No children under 14 yrs of age to be left unsupervised
- No swimming
The management will not be held responsible for the loss of tackle or damage to cars and reserves the right to amend the rules at anytime.
- Alice Springs
- Rock Pool
- Long Island
Gates now opening at 8am and shutting at 4pm