Long island at 2.5 acres is a popular venue for the larger club matches while still offering sport for the pleasure angler during the week.
Known for its high stocking of carp reaching 20 lbs, there is also a good stock of fish including mirror/common carp, chub, tench, bream, perch, roach, Crucian Carp and barbel. Pole, tip and waggler can all produce good results from this lake fishing the usual mix of sweetcorn, luncheon meat, pellets, maggots and worm.
The channel can produce some nice catches in summer. The margins around the lake work well and catches are regularly taken under your feet.
- Feed little and often
- Fish margins – tight as you can
- Fish to island and lily beds but don’t rule out open water
- Scale down tackle
- 6mm cubed meat
- Sweetcorn in margins
- Winter fishing – maggots, castors and worms (pinkies)
- Barbless hooks only (No hooks larger than size 8)
- Banned baits: Nuts, Floating bait, Groundbait, Trout pellet paste, Liquidised bread, Bloodworm & Joker, Mole soil or Leam
- Only Hampton Springs boilies and coarse pellets allowed
- All nets must be dipped before fishing
- Keepnets are only allowed during matches (maximum 50 lb per net)
- No braided main lines
- No fires
- No radios
- No dogs allowed at any time
- All litter to be placed in the bins provided
- No children under 14 yrs of age to be left unsupervised
- No swimming
The management will not be held responsible for the loss or damage of fishing tackle or damage to cars. We reserve the right to amend the rules at anytime.
- Alice Springs
- Rock Pool
- Long Island
Gates now opening at 8am and shutting at 4pm