Long Island lake is booking only
Long island at 2.5 acres is the 2nd largest lake at Hampton Springs. Carp dominate on this lake with 20lb plus available. If you are looking to catch carp, you will be very unlucky not to catch a number of them on your visit. This is probably the most popular lake ay Hampton Springs. On a hot calm day you are likely to see hundreds of carp basking!
Known for its high stocking of carp reaching 30 lbs, there is also a good stock of fish including mirror/common carp, chub, tench, bream, perch, roach, Crucian Carp and barbel. Pole, tip and waggler can all produce good results from this lake fishing the usual mix of sweetcorn, luncheon meat, pellets, maggots and worm.
The channel can produce some nice catches in summer. The margins around the lake work well and catches are regularly taken under your feet.
- Feed little and often
- Fish margins – tight as you can
- Fish to island and lily beds but don’t rule out open water
- Scale down tackle
- 6mm cubed meat
- Sweetcorn in margins
- Winter fishing – maggots, castors and worms (pinkies)
- No children under 14 yrs of age to be left unsupervised
- Barbless hooks only (No hooks larger than size 8)
- Banned baits: Bread, Nuts, Floating bait, Groundbait, Trout pellet paste, Liquidised bread, Bloodworm & Joker, Mole soil or Leam
- Only Hampton Springs boilies and coarse pellets allowed
- Everyone must have an unhooking mat
- All nets must be dipped before fishing
- Keepnets are only allowed during matches (maximum 50 lb per net)
- No braided main lines
- No surface fishing
- No fires
- No radios
- No dogs allowed at any time
- All litter to be placed in the bins provided
- No swimming
The management will not be held responsible for the loss or damage of fishing tackle or damage to cars. We reserve the right to amend the rules at anytime.