A smaller lake than Rock pool, Meadows is only 1 acre but because of its shape, narrow and long, it is popular as a match lake. Pole and waggler are the best methods both popular with match and pleasure angler alike.
Although well-stocked with carp which can reach 20lbs there is a good head of barbel in Meadows which show throughout the year and in some cases providing the winning bag in matches. Bream, chub and perch feature in winter matches and in summer both green and golden tench. Meadows has four islands and an average depth of 4-6’.
- Feed little and often
- Fish margins – tight as you can
- Fish to island and lily beds but don’t rule out open water
- Scale down tackle
- 6mm cubed meat
- Sweetcorn in margins
- Winter fishing – maggots, castors and worms (pinkies)
- No children under 14 yrs of age to be left unsupervised
- Barbless hooks only (No hooks larger than size 8)
- Banned baits: Bread, Nuts, Floating bait, Groundbait, Trout pellet paste, Liquidised bread, Bloodworm & Joker, Mole soil or Leam
- Only Hampton Springs boilies and coarse pellets allowed
- Everyone must have an unhooking mat
- All nets must be dipped before fishing
- Keepnets are only allowed during matches (maximum 50 lb per net)
- No braided main lines
- No surface fishing
- No fires
- No radios
- No dogs allowed at any time
- All litter to be placed in the bins provided
- No swimming
The management will not be held responsible for the loss or damage of fishing tackle or damage to cars. We reserve the right to amend the rules at anytime.