A half acre lake set behind Alice Springs. This lake is currently leased by Lymm AC for their sole use. It has a separate car park with close proximity to pegs. This is a good pole lake as every peg has an island to fish to at 12-15m. Stocked with generally smaller fish than some of the other more mature match lakes.
There is a good head of silver fish in this lake with plenty of skimmers, rudd and roach. Chub have also been stocked in large numbers. Species include Mirror and common carp, chub, tench, bream, perch, roach, Crucian carp and barbel. Best baits are pellets, sweetcorn, luncheon meat and because of the large numbers silver fish maggots, castors and worm.
- Feed little and often
- Fish margins – tight as you can
- Fish to island and lily beds but don’t rule out open water
- Scale down tackle
- 6mm cubed meat
- Sweetcorn in margins
- Winter fishing – maggots, castors and worms (pinkies)
- No children under 14 yrs of age to be left unsupervised
- Barbless hooks only (No hooks larger than size 8)
- Banned baits: Bread, Nuts, Floating bait, Groundbait, Trout pellet paste, Liquidised bread, Bloodworm & Joker, Mole soil or Leam
- Only Hampton Springs boilies and coarse pellets allowed
- Everyone must have an unhooking mat
- All nets must be dipped before fishing
- Keepnets are only allowed during matches (maximum 50 lb per net)
- No braided main lines
- No surface fishing
- No fires
- No radios
- No dogs allowed at any time
- All litter to be placed in the bins provided
- No swimming
The management will not be held responsible for the loss of tackle or damage to cars and reserves the right to amend the rules at anytime.