Poplars, the first pool you encounter on entering the fishery, is half an acre in size. It is in a sheltered situation with mature trees bordering its far bank, ideal for those windy days and Winter fishing. With an average depth of 4-6’ it has a central island and two lily beds at either end providing some nice features to fish to. Poplars is a Day ticket water all year.
It is stocked with a range of fish including mirror/common carp to 16lbs chub, tench, bream, perch, roach, Crucian carp and barbel. Fishing is consistently good all year round and Poplars is a favourite with pleasure men in the Summer and match men in Winter. Pole and waggler are the best methods with an occasional small ledger to the island or to the opposite bank if no anglers fishing. Corn, meat, pellet and maggots are the preferred baits.
- Feed little and often
- Fish margins – tight as you can
- Fish to island and lily beds but don’t rule out open water
- Scale down tackle
- 6mm cubed meat
- Sweetcorn in margins
- Winter fishing – maggots, castors and worms (pinkies)
- No children under 14 yrs of age to be left unsupervised
- Barbless hooks only (No hooks larger than size 8)
- Banned baits: Bread, Nuts, Floating bait, Groundbait, Trout pellet paste, Liquidised bread, Bloodworm & Joker, Mole soil or Leam
- Only Hampton Springs boilies and coarse pellets allowed
- Everyone must have an unhooking mat
- All nets must be dipped before fishing
- Keepnets are only allowed during matches (maximum 50 lb per net)
- No braided main lines
- No surface fishing
- No fires
- No radios
- No dogs allowed at any time
- All litter to be placed in the bins provided
- No swimming
The management will not be held responsible for the loss or damage of fishing tackle or damage to cars. We reserve the right to amend the rules at anytime.