Folly Lake is booking only
For all booking enquiries on Folly Lake please either message us on Facebook or
e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the date you would like to book, your name, telephone and e-mail as well as which peg you’d like (if you have a preference) and someone will get back to you as soon as possible
The 3 acre specimen carp lake at the furthest end of the site has mature trees and shrubs well landscaped around its perimeter providing a peaceful and secluded venue for the serious carp angler. Approximately 10 pegs are well-spaced around the lake. It is stocked with a good head of carp with the record in 2020 being a 29lb 14oz Common. Good fighting fish they can regularly be seen shoaling in summer months tantalising the angler!
Most anglers fish with two rods on this lake, one rod in the margin (deep) and one rod close to the island using pellet, corn, meat or Boilies. Hampton Springs feeding pellets can also be useful as can pva bags.
This lake has been developed and improved gradually over the years and is becoming a very popular venue for carp anglers
- Feed little and often
- Fish margins – tight as you can
- Fish to island and lily beds but don’t rule out open water
- Scale down tackle
- 6mm cubed meat
- Sweetcorn in margins
- Winter fishing – maggots, castors and worms (pinkies)
- No children under 14 yrs of age to be left unsupervised on Folly
- You must have a sling and a mat (Over 5cm thick)
- Barbless hooks (Maximum hook size 8)
- You must have a 42-inch minimum landing net
- You must have an unhooking mat/cradle capable of taking a 30lb carp.
- Maximum of two rods per person
- Everyone must have an unhooking mat
- All anglers must have their own suitable 42″ net and large unhooking mat
- No fixed leads, all leads must be free running
- No braided mainline or leaders
- No surface fishing
- No bait boats
- No fires
- No radios
- Banned baits: Bread, Groundbait, Floating baits, Nuts, Pet food
- Only Hampton Springs boilies and coarse pellets allowed
- No swimming
- Must drop leads on take
You will be subject to checks.
The management will not be held responsible for the loss of tackle or damage to cars and reserves the right to amend the rules at anytime